Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'm A Winner!

I'm A Winner!
No, this is not a self-motivating technique to cure the trauma of my childhood.
Really, I'm A Winner!  I won a set of FAB U LOUS textures in a photography blog contest!
Jodi at mcp actions had a contest giving away 20 texture sets from the Kaleidoscope collection.
I'm a contest junkie and enter everything I come across but of course never, ever, ever, never
win anything.  So I was seriously doin' some screaming when I saw my name on the list of winners.
First, let me clarify by saying Kaleidoscope textures are waaaay more than your average, run-of-the-mill textures.  They're gorgeous and creamy and incorporate light and bokeh and feeling into your photos like nothing I've ever seen.  
Next, let me clarify by saying I really have no idea how to correctly use them yet!!  There's so many possibilities and I haven't had a lot of time to play around with them.   I managed to edit a few photos from our boating weekend but not really sure I did the textures justice.  
Here's a few photos for you to get a very small glimpse at these textures in action.  I also used Coffeeshop clipping masks and actions on these photos.  
Shep
I love the deep rust color the texture added to this photo of Shep.
Possibility
On this one of Princess I added the subtle sun rays to the top left of the photo. Do you see it?
Awesome
This is one of my favorites...I love action shots. The texture on this one really brought a dramatic effect to the shot.
Here's the before shot:
Before shot
See what I mean, not very dramatic!
Anyway, you need to check out the Kaleidoscope site for yourself and see the stunning transformations that these textures and effects can do for your photos. I'm usually all about the free stuff for photography but I had to spread the word on how
great these sets are. And of course how thrilled I am about getting mine for FREE! 
Thanks Jodi and Patti! You keep doing fabulous stuff, I'll keep telling everyone I know!

4 comments:

Patti Brown said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog - and a pathway to discover yours! Great pics, and what neat posts you have! Keep in touch, PB

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

These are great! I love the one of Shep!

Jen said...

Congrats on winning!! I too enter TONS of contest and NEVER win!! Well actually I did win a cute angle ornament once, which I LOVE but that feels like forever ago!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and the sweet comment!! You seem like a Fantastic photographer! I dream of one day being able to snap a decent picture!! I guess it would help if I pulled out my camera more!! Ha!!!

Anyways, I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog!!

Jen

Amy said...

Congratulations on winning! Is that your dog? Unfortunately my family is allergic to dogs (and cats). But Bernese Mountain Dogs are my absolute favorite dogs ever. Gorgeous pictures!

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop