Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Pretty Blue Eyes

It doesn't get much sweeter than this....a 2 year old baby girl with soft blonde hair and pretty blue eyes.  
Yep, I'm one lucky photographer because that's exactly who I had an opportunity to photograph a few weeks ago.


I've mentioned before how I've used the Orton effect on portraits and here's another example of the great dreamy effect it can add to your photo...
I opened my original photo in Photoshop Elements 6 for Mac:

First I cropped in close...{did you expect anything different?!}
Next I softened the skin, did a light skin glow and defined the eyes in Coffeeshop Baby Powder Room:


Then I ran the Orton Effect action and lightly erased on her face and heavily erased on her eyes...you see the little alien face that's been created on the layer mask by doing this...


Finally I ran the Coffeeshop Vivid 2 action and selected the Soft layer at 60%...

Here's my final image....she was perfection to begin with, I just tweaked the photo~


And don't forget...I'd love to see YOUR photos that you create...post to my facebook page and share the love!



1 comments:

Debi WeeFaerie said...

Gorgeous photo and editing and such a sweet little face to work with!

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop