Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

For You Drama Lovers

You probably already know it, but I like a little drama ~
Only when it comes to photography....I prefer my life drama-free!


Here's a great shot of Queenie that I just had to add a little drama to...


I opened my original, which ain't half bad, in Photoshop Elements 6 for Mac:

I softened the skin in Coffeeshop Baby PowderRoom just a little, I wanted to leave it very
natural looking and make sure the skin texture remained...I didn't have a soft look in mind for this photo.  Then I cropped in close.

Next I added a texture but erased most of it from her face...


Then I ran Coffeeshop Raspberry Tea action and it looked like this...


...which I *almost* liked but just not enough, it looked a little flat...so I ran Coffeeshop Butterscotch Vintage on the photo and lowered the Contrast Boost layer to 67%...



And ended up with this...


It's gritty and dramatic...just like Queenie!

What do you think.....the first edit (Raspberry Tea) or the final edit?  

1 comments:

Stephani Cochran said...

Love both photos! She sure is a natural beauty!

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop