Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

My Canvas On Demand

Is it just me, or does anyone else get ridiculously excited when the delivery truck pulls up in front of your home?


Last week was a rare treat for me because the delivery was actually for ME!  Trust me, when you have 4 kids and a husband who owns a business, the packages are never for mom:)


My Canvas on Demand was delivered and I finally got to see my Princess on the Steps that you all voted for in all of it's 16x24 glory~


I thought I'd take a lovely picture for everyone to see of beautiful children standing by my new canvas...but unfortunately my real children were the only ones available and this was the best shot I got out of about 20 attempts...

I can't explain those expressions...I just can't~


So here's the scoop...I saw their ad on another site and thought I'd give it a try.  I'm doing a trade show in March {more on that later} and I'm trying to build up a nice set of display samples on a very tiny budget.  
I signed up for a PRO account thru my photo biz and received a voucher for a discount off my first purchase.  


The order process was very easy...it's definitely aimed at 'the novice' and not as difficult as ordering thru professional print labs ROES software.  The pro online ordering was a simple page of choosing your options and the regular ordering page is very similar....here's a screenshot from their Order page....
There's plenty of pictures to help explain the options which I personally think is awesome.  I need pictures!  What I also thought was really cool is that you don't have to have a digital photo to upload.  If you've got an older photo that's not living in your computer there's an option to mail it in and it can also be made into a canvas.  How neat!


Another option that I haven't seen in other sites is the edge color options...you can choose from Black, White, Photo Wrap or Match the Color.  I chose Black.  If I hadn't been in such a hurry I would have done the photo wrap but I was too excited to order it and didn't want to re-do the proportions!


Also, let me tell you about their very helpful Customer Service.  Me, being the *brilliant* pro that I am, uploaded my picture and thought I had sized it correctly for a 16x20.  I didn't.  Their Customer Service department emailed me, very politely, informing that my photo wasn't sized correctly and it would need to be printed to a 16x24 to maintain the proportions.  They took care of it for me free of charge.  You don't see that every day!


The packaging was very secure and it arrived 6 days after I ordered it...I love fast shipping!


Alexis's Mum stopped by right after I got it and I just had to show off my new canvas.  It took her all of 7 seconds to write me a check so I could order her own canvas.  She ordered this one:




It's stunning to see in person...it's a 16x24 and I'm tellin' ya, bigger is better!


So there you have it...I've found something I love and now hope you love it too...and if you order a canvas you can submit your review on their site and they'll feature a picture of it with your story...love that too!  I think my review is #11 in the Kids Showcase category, check it out~


300x250 CanvasOnDemand banner


I've got more before & afters coming, a new obsession that's little tiny and I need your advice badly on a trade show I'm doing next month...so Stay Tuned!



6 comments:

Donna said...

It's Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I have been wanting to enlarge a photo of my husband and I and this is a great option!

Greg said...

Wow! It looks terrific!!

VisibleSoulPhotography said...

In Texas we always believe 'bigger is better'!

cynthia gayle said...

I love this!!! It is huge and gorgeous--the photo....unbelievable. Good luck at the trade show; I can't wait to hear more about it.
PS I would love to know how you did the rolling scroll of photos at the top of your blog!

way outnumbered said...

Cynthia~
The slideshow header at the top of my blog was designed by Rita at coffeeteaphotography.blogspot.com.

She sent me the templates and I filled them with my photos, very easy. But I think she has a tutorial on how to add your own slideshow header on her blog, do a search and if it's not there then maybe consider contacting her. Hope this helps and thanks for the compliments!

Anonymous said...

i without a doubt adore all your writing type, very charming,
don't quit and keep writing due to the fact that it simply worth to follow it.
looking forward to look over alot more of your current posts, kind regards ;)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop