Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

I Heart Faces ~ Fix It Friday!

I haven't participated much in the "Fix It Friday" theme from I Heart Faces, but this picture really caught my eye.  The girl is gorgeous and the feel of the photo is lovely...


..so of course I thought I'd edit most of the girl out and mess it up as much as I can!  I've said it before, I have issues with normal photos:)


Here's the original...

I softened her skin  just a little in Coffeeshop Powder Room 2 then started adding the textures.
I added Shadowhouse Creations Heavenly Vintage Baby Blue then flattened and thought I was done.
I wasn't.

I cropped it to the left for a little drama.  Can you have too much drama? 
So next I added Smoke from Kaleidoscope and Attache cool from FloraBella and erased most of the texture off her face.  Here's the layers palette:


Then I ran Coffeeshop Faded Daydreams action, flattened, and added 1 more texture because I'm a texture junkie.  I added Memory warm from FloraBella and erased most of the texture off the middle of the photo and thought I was done.
I wasn't.  But here's that layers palette:



Lastly I duplicated the layer, set it to Multiply blending mode and erased most of the middle out of the top layer so the lighter layer underneath would show thru.
Here's the final....

My snowman is looking a bit odd but it's just for fun so I won't stress. 
I may try more of these challenges because it's such a different experience to edit someone else's picture...

Head over to I Heart Faces to join the fun and see all the other great Fixes today!





...one more thing...your votes on my Dilemma were sooo helpful! I'm definitely rethinking what my first instinct was for the canvas...I'll be sure to let you know soon which one I chose~

16 comments:

Janet said...

Oh, I really like this.

Patti Brown said...

That is a truly beautiful play! Glad K-scope is still working out for you - PB

SBSAKE Photography said...

That is really cool. It almost makes the snowman look like it's melting.

Anonymous said...

I really love,love, love the crop. Very cool use of texture too. Great job.

Heather Kelson said...

a great way to view this image... very unique!

Laura said...

This is a really cool fix! Very different!

Jo said...

I think think this is my favorite edit of them all!! It makes me giddy when I look at it!! LOL!

Amy Henderson said...

oh wow! Beautiful and unique! Love it!

Beth P said...

I love this! Beautiful job.

Jami said...

Thanks for visiting me. OMG, This is awesome. Drama! You said it. That would be my style if I knew how to get there. I am going to follow you and become your new "student". LOL

Lauren said...

Great perspective on this fix. Great job!

Marylin said...

Oh that's gorgeous! I love it. :)

Drew said...

Ha! It sounds like you edit just like me. I always think I'm "done" but then I want to try just one more thing! You did a great job with all the textures!

Christy Lynn said...

I didn't see your post on IHF, but I sooo love this!!! You took it to a whole different level! It's fantastic.

Thank you for all that you do, posting how you do things, sharing your knowledge, it means a lot to me.

Oh, and thanks for the comments on my blog!

Keri Bryant said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my. So glad I found your blog. This snowman edit is one of my alltime faves. You have such a talent. So unique and yet so beautiful.
I bought some Florabella actions a few weeks ago and have just started using them. Cant wait to discover textures next. And actually learn how to use my PSE to do all these things like flattening and erasing over faces, etc. Love way to go.
Keep it up. Love the princess one too for the canvas. A. Ma. ZING!

charlotteinkennesaw said...

I love it! Don't you just love that there are so many ways to edit a photo!

charlotte

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop